Rep. Lauren H. Carson (D-Dist. 75, Newport) will host a constituent meeting Thursday, April 28, at 1 p.m. at the Edward King House Senior Center, 35 King St., Newport.
The event is open to all senior citizens, and the discussion will be about legislative and government issues that affect seniors.
“Conversations with constituents always inform my work in the House, and I’m looking forward to this opportunity to focus on the specific concerns of the senior citizens of Newport. I appreciate the chance to learn about the issues, interests and challenges facing Newport’s seniors, and will do everything I can to address them at the state level,” said Representative Carson.
Representative Carson is planning additional constituent meetings throughout 2016.
If the weather is questionable, check her website for any schedule changes at www.laurencarson.com. To find out your legislative district and other information about your local, state and federal elected officials, visit https://sos.ri.gov/vic/.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- FirstWorks Live series at Roger Williams Park continues with Thea Hopkins Sunday, September 19th
- Live Music Society announces Cat Henry as Executive Director
- Rep. Ruggiero to lead CRMC study commission
- Norman Bird Sanctuary welcomes fall with harvest season of events
- Clear the Shelters: Potter League to host pet adoption drive on Saturday
- RI Foundation honors Wickford lawyer with highest honor
- Newport Art Museum to host Newport Day of Design Walking Tour
- Obituary: Florence Seibert
- Obituary: Richard B. Kyle
- Six Picks: The best in live music this weekend – Bristol Porchfest, Los Lobos and the Rascals