The City Of Newport has given notice of a public hearing before the Planning Board of the City of Newport, Rhode Island at which the proposed adoption of the Newport Comprehensive Land Use Plan Update will be considered.
The public hearing will be be held at the Pell Elementary School Cafeteria / Auditorium, 35 Dexter Street on Thursday, April 28, 2016, beginning at 6:30 p.m.
The Proposed Comprehensive Land Use Plan Update is an update of the City of Newport’s 2004 Plan. These amendments are made in accordance with the provisions of chapter 45-22.2 of the General Laws of the State of Rhode Island.
The proposed text to be considered is available for public review, and may be examined in the Office of the Zoning and Inspections,3rd floor, City Hall during the hours of 8:30 – 4:30, and at the Newport Public Library (See website) and can found at the City of Newport’s website at http://newportchartingourcourse.com/.
The proposed amendments may be altered or amended prior to the close of the public hearing without further advertising as a result of further study or because of the views expressed at the public hearing. Any such alteration or amendment must be presented for comment in the course of said public hearing.
All persons interested in the above matter are requested to be present at that time and place to be heard thereon. Pell Elementary School is handicapped accessible. Individuals requiring interpreter services for the hearing-impaired must notify the office of the City Manager at 841-0444, forty-eight hours in advance of the hearing date.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- FirstWorks Live series at Roger Williams Park continues with Thea Hopkins Sunday, September 19th
- Live Music Society announces Cat Henry as Executive Director
- Rep. Ruggiero to lead CRMC study commission
- Norman Bird Sanctuary welcomes fall with harvest season of events
- Clear the Shelters: Potter League to host pet adoption drive on Saturday
- RI Foundation honors Wickford lawyer with highest honor
- Newport Art Museum to host Newport Day of Design Walking Tour
- Obituary: Florence Seibert
- Obituary: Richard B. Kyle
- Six Picks: The best in live music this weekend – Bristol Porchfest, Los Lobos and the Rascals