With “half-a-dillion” of its goal of 1 million daffodils bursting forth, Daffodillion has is just days away from hosting their Third Annual Newport Daffodil Days Festival.
Featuring fun, free, family activities throughout Newport over nine days, organizers of the event say the 2016 festival promises to be bigger and daffier than ever.
The 2016 Newport Daffodil Days Festival will begin with the Opening Ceremonies at 2pm on Saturday, April 16 at Bowen’s & Bannister’s Wharves in downtown Newport, go to www.daffodillion.com for more information and for updated weather information.
Here’s a look at what’s happening day by day during the festival;
Saturday, April 16
- 10am – 1pm: Dabble & Doodle the Daffys
- Draw the 50,000 daffodils blooming on Cliff Walk
- Cliff Walk at Shepard Ave. & Narragansett Ave.
- 2-3pm: Daffodil Festival Opening Ceremonies
- Family fun, musket fire, games, conga dance with the newly crowned Queen of the Daffodils
- Bannister and Bowen’s Wharf, downtown Newport
Sunday, April 17
- 10-11:30 am: Photographing the Daffodils Workshop
- Picture Taking Tips from the Newport Photographers’ Guild
- Cliff Walk and Shepard Avenue
- 1-2pm: Daffy Doggy Parade
- Dress your dog and parade down to Queen Ann Square
- Depart: 1pm from Wag-Nation, 92 William St. & Black Dog, end of Bannister’s Wharf.
- 1:30pm: Award ceremony, Queen Ann Square
Monday, April 18
- Noon – 3pm: Dabble & Doodle the Daffys
- Draw the 15,000 daffodils blooming at Miantonomi Park
- Complimentary “Hot Diggity Daffy Dogs”
- Miantonomi Park
Tuesday, April 19
- Sidewalk Chalk Painting
- Sidewalk Square with box of 16 colored sidewalk chalks
- $10. $5 with Daffy Pin
- Pell School
Wednesday, April 20
- 1:30-2:15pm: Young Buds go Daffy
- Singer and storyteller Chris Carbone
- Lawn of Redwood Library
Thursday, April 21
- 6-:7:30pm: Spring Fling with the Newport Tree Society
- Music, appetizers, glass of wine and silent auction
- Tickets $30. $25 with Daffodil Pin
- Chanler on Cliff Walk
Friday, April 22 – EARTH DAY
- 10am: Ceremonial Tree Planting among the Daffodils with the Newport Tree Society
- Pell Bridge off Ramp; JT Connell Hwy.
- 1pm: Charlie and the Bucket Truck Kids Event
- Miantonomi Park
Saturday, April 23
- 11am-3pm: Hillside Private Garden Tour
Sunday, April 24
- 2pm: Driving Miss Daffodil Car Rally & Car Display
- Cars depart Lobster Shack for cruise through town and Ocean Drive.
- End at Bellevue House, 304 Bellevue Ave. and view car display
- 3:30 – 5:30pm – Daffodil Garden Party
For more information and daily updates regarding weather, visit www.daffodillion.com.