Grilled cheese sandwiches are the delicious treats that many of us grew up having (most likely with tomato soup) as kids.
The treat that almost anyone can make even has its own holiday, Grilled Cheese Sandwich Day, which takes place annually on April 12th.
Scratch Kitchen & Catering on Broadway is one of the first places that comes to mind when we think grilled cheese and they are honoring the occasion with several specials that include shredded buffalo chicken, cheesesteaks, turducked grilled cheese, grilled cheese bolognese grilled cheese and tomato soup. For more info, visit http://www.scratchnewport.com/.
Wharf Pub also comes to mind because their grilled cheese on Texas Toast with a side of mustard aioli and tater tots might be one of the most delicious and affordable treats you can find down on Bowen’s Wharf. For more info, visit www.thewharfpubnewport.com
The “best” place for grilled cheese isn’t the best place to look for because some enjoy the simplest of forms while others need lobster in their grilled cheese (looking at you Benjamin’s Raw Bar & Restaurant), so answer the age old question below and help lead your fellow grilled cheese lovers in the right direction.
More from What's Up Newp
- Dashboard Confessional bringing “Unplugged 2021 Tour” to Mohegan Sun on Saturday, Nov. 13th
- School Approaching and Mental Health First Aid Classes to be held at Elks Newport
- What Sold: 31 Newport County real estate sales, transactions (July 25 – 31)
- Obituary: Timothy E. Carter
- Newport Gallery Night returns on August 12
- Obituary: Belmira Silvia
- Obituary: Jayne Ellen Byam
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 3 Recap and Photos (August 1)
- Obituary: Susan Christie
- Obituary: Eileen Burke