National Adopt a Shelter Pet Day, which is observed each year on April 30, was created as a way to raise awareness for the thousands of pets that are waiting for (and needing) adoption from shelters.
Potter League For Animals, just one of the great local organizations finding locals pets homes, is a great place to head today or very soon if you’re feeling like it’s time to add a (or another) animal to your family.
More information on adopting from the Potter League For Animals.
Current Adoptable Shelter Dogs
Current Adoptable Shelter Cats
Other Shelter Pets
Our friends at the Potter League For Animals, reminded us with the following Facebook post that today is also National Animal Advocacy Day;
“The tides are changing! We can feel it! Our voices are being heard louder than ever and we know it is because many of you are fighting hard for stronger animal-protection laws all year long! And we want to thank all animal advocates who are making a difference! You should be proud! There is still so much more to be done, so be sure to encourage your elected officials (via phone calls — emails get lost) for stronger animal-protection laws! You can see all proposed legislation in the state of Rhode Island here: http://status.rilin.state.ri.us/ And be sure you are registered to vote—and actually vote!”
For more information about Potter League For Animals or a particular animal, call (401) 846-8276.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Newport Art Museum to host Newport String Project Season Opening Concert
- This day in Newport History: September 19, 1902 – Jimmy Van Alen born in Newport
- Concert Recap and Photos: Felix Cavaliere’s Rascals at the Greenwich Odeum (September 18, 2021)
- FirstWorks Live series at Roger Williams Park continues with Thea Hopkins Sunday, September 19th
- Live Music Society announces Cat Henry as Executive Director
- Rep. Ruggiero to lead CRMC study commission
- Norman Bird Sanctuary welcomes fall with harvest season of events
- Clear the Shelters: Potter League to host pet adoption drive on Saturday
- RI Foundation honors Wickford lawyer with highest honor
- Newport Art Museum to host Newport Day of Design Walking Tour