Newport Public Services Department’s Clean City Program would invite Newport area residents and friends to volunteer for one of the many cleanup events happening for Newport’s 2016 Earth Day celebration.
The Clean City Program will be picking up items collected from the cleanup events listed below. Rhode Island Resource Recovery Corporation is waiving all disposal fees associated with litter collected during Earth Day cleanups.
Earth Day is Friday, April 22nd.
To celebrate, The City of Newport’s Earth Day events will take place on Saturday, April 23rd, and we invite all residents and friends to participate in any of the scheduled cleanups.
Become an active part of your community by volunteering at one of the following events: A listing of all clean-ups and details are available at www.cityofnewport.com/cleancity under the events tab.
- Clean Ocean Access will be hosting a handful of events in the area. Contact Dave McLaughlin at (401)465-0628 or email@example.com for all Clean Ocean Access details.
- The Friends of the Waterfront invites volunteers to join them in the annual Earth Day Cleanup at King Park. Contact Johanna Vietry at Info@NewportWaterfront.org or (765)307-1216 for all details.
- The Point Association will be planning various clean-ups in the Point section of town. Contact Rich Abbinanti firstname.lastname@example.org or (646)529-6387 for all details.
- Save The Bay & Pruitt Chiropractic invite you to help clean up Easton’s Beach, 175 Memorial Blvd. To volunteer, contact Save The Bay in advance at email@example.com or (401)272-3540 x130 for all details.
- Women’s Resource Center, Park Holm Saturday Club, Youth Leadership Group and The Met School will be cleaning Miantonomi Park. Please contact Elizabeth Fuerte at firstname.lastname@example.org or (401) 835-4235 for all details.
- Friends of Ballard Park will be holding an Earth Day cleanup at Ballard Park. To volunteer, please contact email@example.com or (401)619-3377.
- The Off Broadway Neighborhood Association invites you to help clean up the Off Broadway neighborhood and Equality Park. For details and to volunteer, contact Ellen Nichols at (401)864-0372.
- Old Colony & Newport Railway will be cleaning up along the railway, where they run scenic, narrated train trips. To volunteer, please contact Eric Moffett at (860)883-2080.