Miss the convenience of the ferry that used to run between Providence and Newport? Well, it may soon return.
The Rhode Island Department of Transportation (RIDOT) issued a Request For Proposals (RFP) on Friday, April 8th seeking an operator to run service between Newport and Providence.
At this RIDOT is asking for 7 day a week service between July 1, 2016 through September 5, 2016. The Newport landing will be Perrotti Park and the Providence landing will be at the former Shooters property. RIDOT will work with RIDEM to prepare the site for ferry service included parking.
Bidding opens on RFP 7550500 “2016 Narragansett Bay Passenger Ferry Shuttle Services” on April 29th, 2016.
More From What’s Up Newp
- What Sold: 29 Newport County real estate sales, transactions (May 3 - 10)
- HGTV Dream Home in Portsmouth hits the market, can now be yours for $2.39 million
- Obituary: Timothy Howard Jackson
- List: States with travel restrictions upon entry to Rhode Island
- New York Yacht Club submits challenge and evolutionary draft protocol for 37th America's Cup