The Department of Utilities construction projects that are in progress for the week of April 18th are noted below.
Friendship Street Sewer Improvement – Milling of the roadway will occur on Monday, April 18th. The entire width will be milled between Hope St. and Friendship Place, and the east side of the road will be milled between Friendship Place to the limits of disturbance approaching Broadway.
Catch Basin Repair & Rehabilitation – Catch basins at Meeting St. and River Ln., and on the north side of Marlboro St. east of Thames St. will be repaired and rehabilitated.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Rhode Island Pop-Punk band Another One Down! releases single + video “Headspace”
- 23 open houses happening this weekend (Sept. 17 – 19)
- X Shore: Swedish electric boating brand opens office at Safe Harbor Newport Shipyard
- Westerly Town Manager quits; Police Chief expected to be appointed interim manager
- City of Newport to kick off American Rescue Plan fund engagement process
- Newport Polo to host USA versus Mexico on Saturday
- What’sUp Interview: Sean Oshima of Oshima Brothers coming to Norman Bird Sanctuary September 24th
- ReVision: Newport Art Museum announces new exhibition by Annu Palakunnathu Matthew
- Aquidneck Land Trust announces the start of its annual Art & Writing Contest
- Gerry Goldstein: Music, with nature calling the tune