The City Of Newport announced on April 21st, and effective April 24th, that the following Public Hearing on Comprehensive Plan Update that was scheduled for April 28th has been cancelled.
There is no reason given for the cancellation.
The following was the public notice for the event;
Notice of Public Hearing of a Proposed Comprehensive Land Use Plan Update Adoption
Notice is hereby given of a public hearing before the Planning Board of the City of Newport, Rhode Island at which the proposed adoption of the Newport Comprehensive Land Use Plan Update will be considered.
The public hearing shall be held at the:
Pell Elementary School Cafeteria / Auditorium, 35 Dexter Street
on Thursday, April 28, 2016, beginning at 6:30 p.m.
The Proposed Comprehensive Land Use Plan Update is an update of the City of Newport’s 2004 Plan. These amendments are made in accordance with the provisions of chapter 45-22.2 of the General Laws of the State of Rhode Island.
The proposed text to be considered is available for public review, and may be examined in the Office of the Zoning and Inspections,3rd floor, City Hall during the hours of 8:30 – 4:30, and at the Newport Public Library (See website) and can found at the City of Newport’s website at http://
The proposed amendments may be altered or amended prior to the close of the public hearing without further advertising as a result of further study or because of the views expressed at the public hearing. Any such alteration or amendment must be presented for comment in the course of said public hearing.
All persons interested in the above matter are requested to be present at that time and place to be heard thereon. Pell Elementary School is handicapped accessible. Individuals requiring interpreter services for the hearing-impaired must notify the office of the City Manager at 841-0444, one week in advance of the hearing date.
More From What’s Up Newp
- This Day in RI History: May 18, 1652 – Rhode Island becomes the first colony to pass an anti-slavery law
- Now Hiring: 125+ job opportunities available right now
- Rhode Island Hospitality Jobs: RI Hospitality Association launches new website for employers and job seekers
- Governor McKee, RIDOH change up COVID-19 press conference schedule, will now take place every other Thursday
- CCRI hosts 5th Annual Raising Opportunities Benefit to support students’ ‘comeback’ amidst pandemic