The 2016 Aquidneck Island National Police Parade (AINPP) committee are now selling blue light bulbs to honor those in law enformencent that made the ultimate sacrifice in 2015.
The “Blue Bulb” has represented support for Law Enforcement for many years and has become a tradition in many homes around the holiday season. How did this all get started? WPRI.com reported on September 7th, 2015 that a former cop starts Project Blue Light to show support for officers.
In keeping with this tradition of support for law enforcement and remembering our fallen officers, the AINPP Committee has blue bulbs to commemorate the Fallen Officers from 2015.
For a donation of $5.00, you too can light your home up with a blue bulb and commemorate the Fallen Law Enforcement Officers from 2015. This donation will go directly to help fund the 2016 Parade which honors the Fallen Officers killed in the line of duty from the previous year.
This year, the AINPP will commemorate 124 Law Enforcement Officer’s killed in the line of duty in 2015.
Bulbs are available at the Newport Police Department at 120 Broadway and can be picked up Monday through Friday. If you have any questions please call 401-845-5714.
The 2016 Aquidneck Island National Police Parade is scheduled for May 1, 2016, for more details visit www.policeparade.org.
The Latest From WUN
- Tom Rush joins What’s Up Newp for a live virtual video conversation
- Newport School Superintendent joins What’s Up Newp for a live virtual video conversation
- What Sold: 22 Newport County real estate sales, transactions (Oct. 18 – 22)
- Obituary: Dorothy Ann “Dotti” Garman
- Elvis Costello and the Imposters playing PPAC Thursday, October 28