Governor Gina Raimondo, Senate President Teresa Paiva-Weed (D- 13, Newport & Jamestown), Representative Lauren Carson (D-75, Newport), Representative Marvin Abney (D- 74, Newport & Middletown) visited the set of The Discovery on Thursday, April 21st in Newport, RI.
Cast and crew are currently filming on Bellevue Avenue, earlier this month filming took place at Newport Hospital.
The film stars Robert Redford, Rooney Mara and Jason Segel and principal photography for the film has taken place in March and April throughout the area.
Pictured in two pictures with Governor Raimondo is Rhode Island native Erika Hampson, who is co-producing the film. This will be the third film Ms. Hampson produces in the Ocean State. Her previous films were the Golden Globe nominated production “Infinitely Polar Bear” with Mark Ruffalo and Zoe Saldana and most recently, “Measure of a Man” starring Donald Sutherland.
RI Capitol TV published the following pictures on their Facebook Page with the following captions;
“A little slice of “Rhodywood” in Newport. State leaders were able to take a peek at the making of “The Discovery with Robert Redford, Jason Segel and Rooney Mara.”
“Erika Hampson, Co-Producer of “The Discovery” was thrilled to return to her home state of Rhode Island to shoot this movie.”
“Erika Hampson, Co-Producer of “The Discovery” is from Cumberland, RI. She says her cast and crew have loved their time in Newport and were warmly welcomed by Rhode Islanders.”
More From What’s Up Newp
- WUN-ON-ONE: A virtual video conversation with Melanie Chartoff, comedian, actress, and author
- International Tennis Hall Of Fame acquires tennis-inspired art collection from Hall of Famer Gianni Clerici
- Mask mandate to be lifted for those fully vaccinated on May 18; most remaining COVID-19 restrictions to be lifted on May 21
- John E. Fogarty Foundation provides more than $175,000 in grants to 31 organizations across Rhode Island
- Obituary: Berit M. Hattendorf