Newport’s Ancient Order of Hibernian’s Pipes and Drums are currently in Dublin and participating with other pipe bands to commemorate the 100th Anniversary of Ireland’s 1916 Easter Rising.
The parade is one of many events to commemorate this important event in Irish history.
The parade is being organized to honor those who fought for Ireland’s independence during the 1916 Rising and was held in Dublin on March 26, 2016.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Deer Tick releases new album “Live at Fort Adams”
- Rhode Island Foundation offering $25,000 grants to local writers
- Obituary: Ann-Marie Nevitt
- Open Studios and Drive-By Art returns to Jamestown on August 7
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 1 Recap and Photos (July 30)
- Governor McKee signs Rhode Island African Heritage and History Curriculum Bill
- 31 open houses happening this weekend (July 30 – August 1)
- A1 Roofing & Construction teams up with FabNewport to further FabGolf program for local youth
- Reps. Edwards, Cortvriend, Carson, Phillips attend national redistricting conference
- Newport Music Festival announces Fall Chamber Series, Community Concerts