State officials have raised questions about the use of state grants awarded to the Newport County Chamber of Commerce and paid to a lobbying firm.
The Providence Journal reports in Political Scene: State grant lands at firm employing Keith Stokes that RI Commerce Corporation President Darin Early wrote in a letter this month that the chamber used part of the funding to compensate the Mayforth Group, which employs former Commerce Corp. executive director Keith Stokes.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Obituary: Frances H. Sanita
- U.S. SailGP Team hosts inaugural Foiling First: Learn to Foil Camp with Bristol Yacht Club & East Bay Sailing Foundation
- Obituary: Thomas Risso
- Now Hiring: 129 job opportunities available in and around Newport right now
- What’s Up This Weekend (July 30 – August 1): Things to do, live music, and more
- The Boys & Girls Clubs of Newport County: Newport Yacht Rendezvous returns on August 13
- Guest View – Sean O’Connor: Importance of Pride all year
- Home on Chastellux Avenue in Newport sells for $7.1 million
- Frank Prosnitz: My Jazz Festival’s Top Picks
- Gerry Goldstein: Word horseplay draws some pun-gent responses