State officials have raised questions about the use of state grants awarded to the Newport County Chamber of Commerce and paid to a lobbying firm.
The Providence Journal reports in Political Scene: State grant lands at firm employing Keith Stokes that RI Commerce Corporation President Darin Early wrote in a letter this month that the chamber used part of the funding to compensate the Mayforth Group, which employs former Commerce Corp. executive director Keith Stokes.
The Latest From WUN
- Potter League to host 32nd Annual Heart & Sole Walk for Animals at Fort Adams
- The Beach Boys To play Mohegan Sun Arena on New Year’s Eve
- FirstWorks to present “Women Trailblazers in Music” in November
- Now Hiring: 77 job opportunities available in and around Newport right now
- National Sailing Hall Of Fame inducts Class of 2021