Just last weekend three people in Newport and on person in Middletown overdosed and was brought back by police officers using Narcan.
Ben Ellcome, Coordinator for the Newport Substance Abuse Prevention Task Force, joined me today on The Open Forum on 1540 AM WADK Newport to discuss this incredibly important issue, substance abuse and what Newport is doing about it.
1pm – 2pm
Tune in to The Open Forum from 12:30pm – 2pm on 1540 AM, online on wadk.com or on the Tune-In Smartphone App.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Reps. Edwards, Cortvriend, Carson, Phillips attend national redistricting conference
- Newport Music Festival announces Fall Chamber Series, Community Concerts
- Legislation signed into law that requires litter prevention and recycling awareness be taught in schools
- Team Racing friends and rivals to reunite in Newport for New York Yacht Club’s trio of team race regattas
- Obituary: Frances H. Sanita
- U.S. SailGP Team hosts inaugural Foiling First: Learn to Foil Camp with Bristol Yacht Club & East Bay Sailing Foundation
- Obituary: Thomas Risso
- Now Hiring: 129 job opportunities available in and around Newport right now
- What’s Up This Weekend (July 30 – August 1): Things to do, live music, and more
- The Boys & Girls Clubs of Newport County: Newport Yacht Rendezvous returns on August 13