The Newport County Chamber of Commerce will host their Excellence in Business Awards at their Annual Meeting on Tuesday, April 26th at Oceancliff in Newport. The Excellence in Business Awards are presented annually to honor outstanding business achievement in Newport County, RI. They are designed to celebrate the achievements of our businesses and to recognize the vital role they play in the economic well-being of our community.
Nominations were taken in February, and the current nominees are completing the application process which will be reviewed by a judging committee. Categories for this year’s Excellence in Business Awards include, Micro Business which has less than five employees, Small Business, under 50 employees, Big Business more than 50 employees, Woman or Minority-Owned Business and an Emerging Leader owned business, a young professional under the age of 40.
The Chamber has announced the nominations for the following businesses in Newport County:
- Aquidneck Growers Market
- Aull Pilates & Movement Studio
- Behan Bros., Inc.
- Black Diamond Marketing Group
- Child & Family
- Cliffside Inn
- Corrigan Financial Inc.
- Embrace Home Loans, Inc.
- Encore Executive Coaching
- Minuteman Press
- Newport Daily News
- Newport Hospitality, Inc.
- Newport This Week
- People’s Credit Union
- Power of Juice
- Preservation Society of Newport County
- Rhody Surf, Inc
- Savings Institute Bank & Trust
- Seastreak Martha’s Vineyard
- Serenity Day Spa
- Skin Pros, LLC
- Studio Barre Newport
- Sweet Berry Farm
- Train with Jane Athletics & Pilates
The Excellence in Business Awards are sponsored by Carey, Richmond and Viking with media sponsors Mixx 99.3/WADK 1540 and the Newport Daily News. Tickets to the Annual Meeting are available at NewportChamber.com.
The Newport County Chamber of Commerce is the second largest chamber in the state with over 1,100 members representing over 50,000 employees and is one of Rhode Island’s largest business advocacy organizations, formed to enhance the business, civic and economic vitality of Newport County and greater Rhode Island. We help business succeed.
The Latest From WUN
- What’s Up This Weekend: Heart & Sole Walk for Animals, Goat Hikes, Barks & Brews, and more
- Obituary: Gardiner Lee Sherman
- The Minks coming to Askew Thursday, October 21
- Irish immigrant women in domestic service topic of upcoming lecture
- Foiling Kiteboarder slashes 1 minute and 14 seconds off Around Jamestown Record