Join the Chamber during Women’s History Month for a conversation with Trudy Coxe and Dr. Laurie Ossman of the Preservation Society and Eileen Hand Warburton, who has been researching and telling the compelling stories of Newport, Rhode Island for over 35 years.
“Newport has historically been home to strong women, from Alva Vanderbilt Belmont and her leadership in the suffrage movement, to Katherine Warren’s inspiration and foresight in fighting for the preservation of our architectural treasures,” said Trudy Coxe, CEO & Executive Director of The Preservation Society of Newport County. “It’s only fitting that we take the opportunity of Women’s History Month to share their stories with today’s women leaders through the Chamber’s Women in Business After Hours Program.”
Over one hundred women are expected to attend. Delicious hors d’oeuvres and drinks will be provided by Blackstone Catering. The event price is $15 for Chamber members and $25 for non-members, tickets can be purchased at NewportChamber.com and reservations will be held at the door.
The Women in Business initiative is a partnership between the Chamber and The Preservation Society of Newport County that provides informative networking events, seminars and forums of interest to local women in business. The program was established by the Newport County Chamber to engage and empower women in business and to support women-owned businesses in Newport County and Rhode Island. The event is also held with media sponsors Mixx 99.3/WADK 1540 and The Newport Daily News.
The Newport County Chamber of Commerce is the second largest chamber in the state with over 1100 members representing over 50,000 employees and is one of Rhode Island’s largest business advocacy organizations, formed to enhance the business, civic and economic vitality of Newport County and greater Rhode Island. We help business succeed.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Gamm Theatre launches fellowship program for emerging artists
- Just Sold: The 25 homes sold in Newport County this past week
- Gubernatorial candidate Treasurer Seth Magaziner joins What’sUpNewp for a live virtual conversation on Wednesday
- On This Day – September 22, 1962: President Kennedy and Jacqueline watch 4th America’s Cup Race off the Coast of Newport
- Vaccinate the Ocean State: Mini-grants available to nonprofits, organizations to support vaccine promotion
- Olympic Swimmer Elizabeth Beisel will make a record-breaking swim to Block Island (Updated)
- What’s Up Interview: Ben Folds coming to The Vets Friday, Sept. 24
- Legislation signed that makes civics education proficiency a requirement for all public high school graduates
- Sour Grapes – A Comic Strip by Tim Jones: September 21
- On This Day In History – September 21: Hurricane of ’38 hits Newport