Chris Maxwell from the Rhode Island Truckers Association has told Bill Rappleye NBC 10 News that a planned national conference of the trucking industry that would have taken place in Newport, RI has been relocated in response to the RhodeWorks truck toll plan recently passed.
It is not clear and unknown when the conference would have taken place and/or if plans and reservations had already been confirmed in Newport before the decision to relocate.
What’sUpNewp has reached out to the RITA with those questions, at this time we have not received a response.
UPDATE: 3/10/16 at 6pm – Transport Truckers Online reports that the event was scheduled for 2018 and has been moved from Newport, RI to Rockport, Maine. Read more: TAEC Moves 2018 Meeting Out of Rhode Island
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Rhode Island Foundation offering $25,000 grants to local writers
- Obituary: Ann-Marie Nevitt
- Open Studios and Drive-By Art returns to Jamestown on August 7
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 1 Recap and Photos (July 30)
- Governor McKee signs Rhode Island African Heritage and History Curriculum Bill
- 31 open houses happening this weekend (July 30 – August 1)
- A1 Roofing & Construction teams up with FabNewport to further FabGolf program for local youth
- Reps. Edwards, Cortvriend, Carson, Phillips attend national redistricting conference
- Newport Music Festival announces Fall Chamber Series, Community Concerts
- Legislation signed into law that requires litter prevention and recycling awareness be taught in schools