For the second time this week we’re able to share the news that one of our neighbors has found a bone marrow transplant match!
What’sUpNewp brought you the news first on Wednesday that Jaime Crowley, Principal of Thompson Middle School, had found a perfect bone marrow match (his twin brother).
Today we’re proud to report that Maureen Martin, a secretary at Rogers High School, has found a bone marrow match.
Back in January, 344 people between the ages of 18-44 showed up at the Pell School to register for the donor drive and to show their support of Crowley and Martin both who have been in search for a bone marrow match.
The announcement regarding Martin finding a match was made on Facebook on Thursday;
The Latest From WUN
- Cathleen Carr named new executive director of newportFILM
- Ocean State Job Lot hosting hiring events at all store locations
- Potter League to host 32nd Annual Heart & Sole Walk for Animals at Fort Adams
- The Beach Boys To play Mohegan Sun Arena on New Year’s Eve
- FirstWorks to present “Women Trailblazers in Music” in November