Jack Wills, the British-based retailer offering trendy takes on classic fashions for men & women, has closed it’s store located at 170 Thames Street in Newport, RI.
The final day for the Thames Street store and only Jack Wills location in Rhode Island was Thursday, March 3rd. Jack Wills opened in Newport in 2011.
Jack Wills operates 9 other store locations in the United States but their brand can be found across universities all over the world. What’sUpNewp was told that not all locations would close and that the decision to close the Newport location comes as the company tries to focus on other markets.
At this time it is not known what will soon occupy the empty Thames Street location in the future.
About Jack Wills
Jack Wills was launched in 1999 in Salcombe, Devon, designing British heritage-inspired goods for the university crowd. From the iconic British university towns of Oxford and Cambridge, the Ivy League campuses of Harvard and Yale, and the bright lights of Hong Kong, Jack Wills is travelling the globe proudly planting the Union Jack at over 80 stores and counting.
The Latest From WUN
- What’s Up This Weekend: Heart & Sole Walk for Animals, Goat Hikes, Barks & Brews, and more
- Obituary: Gardiner Lee Sherman
- The Minks coming to Askew Thursday, October 21
- Irish immigrant women in domestic service topic of upcoming lecture
- Foiling Kiteboarder slashes 1 minute and 14 seconds off Around Jamestown Record