To help celebrate the start of their 60th Season, Frosty Freez will host their Inaugural Frosty Freez Family Fun 5K and Frosty Freez Kiddie Cone Run on Saturday, March 26th at Sachuest (2nd) Beach.
The Kiddie Cone Run starts at 8:15am, and the 5k will begin at approximately 8:30am, right after the Kiddie Cone Run.
The Frosty Freez Kiddie Cone Run is a .5K (1/3 mile) fun run for kids 12 and under. All registered kids will receive a gift certificate for ice cream and a Frosty Freez short sleeved t-shirt. The Kiddie Cone Run will start at 8:15am. The 5K will start at approximately 8:30am. All participants will receive a long sleeved Race Day t-shirt.
“We have picked 2 programs to donate to this year: Middletown High School’s Cross Country Team, and the Multiple Myeloma Research Fund (MMRF). Middletown’s cross country team was dropped from the high school’s sports program due to lack of money. They now have to completely fund themselves in order to continue. We chose this program because we think running is a wonderful exercise that can be both an individual and team sport, and because of its many health benefits, both mental and physical. We would like to see it continue,” Organizers of the event said in a Facebook Event.
The Facebook description went on to explain the other program they chose and why they chose it; “I chose the MMRF because it is a charity close to my heart. My grandmother and her best friend both had this incurable (for now) bone marrow/blood cancer, and one of my oldest and dearest friends was diagnosed in December of 2013. Her life-saving bone marrow transplant is a direct result of the wonderful science of research. The MMRF is one of the #1 rated cancer charities for utilizing their money directly to research. We need to see a cure sooner than later, and want to help them reach their goal. So come join us and help us celebrate the beginning of Frosty Freez’s 60th season, and raise funds for two worthy causes! All ages welcome, run or walk, and bring your (leashed) dog friends, too! See you there!”
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Newport Folk 2021 – The final day of “Folk On” (July 28)
- Obituary: Joanne Donnelly Maher
- Obituary: Ralph E. Morgan
- Newport Mansions Wine & Food Festival returns September 17 – 19
- Governor McKee, RIDE, and RIDOH release updated PreK-12 Health and Safety Guidance for the 2021-2022 School Year
- Newport to require masks in city-owned buildings beginning August 2
- FirstWorks Live – Roger Williams Park free Summer Concert Series continues Sunday 8-1 with Voces de Los Andes
- Newport Folk 2021 – “Folk On” Part 2 Day 2 (Tuesday, July 27)
- Obituary: Rayfield Drowne Jr.
- Redwood Library & Athenaeum to house a portion of the Dr. Patrick T. Conley Library