The National Weather Service in Taunton has announced that a Winter Storm Watch is in effect for our area from Sunday afternoon through Monday morning.
The Winter Storm Watch is in effect for all of Rhode Island and Eastern Massachusetts in anticipation for heavy snowfall that could see snow accumulation of 4 to 8 inches possible in the watch area.
Snow is expected to arrive to the area mid to late Sunday afternoon with the heaviest snow after sunset through Sunday night, snow should taper off early Monday morning.
The National Weather Service issues the Winter Storm Watch with some uncertainty given this storm system has yet to form and is still about two days away. Further adjustments to forecasts are possible.
Winter Storm Watch
A Winter Storm Watch is issued for the potential of accumulating snow of 6 or more inches in a 12 hour period or 8 or more inches in a 24 hour period. Anyone traveling in the next 24 to 36 hours should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to modify travel plans should winter weather develop.
The Latest From WUN
- The Minks coming to Askew Thursday, October 21
- Irish immigrant women in domestic service topic of upcoming lecture
- Foiling Kiteboarder slashes 1 minute and 14 seconds off Around Jamestown Record
- Living History Event brings re-enactors, spectators to Butts Hill Fort
- Opinion: Portsmouth voters must reject Question 2