Join Bobb Angel and me (Ryan Belmore) on St. Patrick’s Day (March 17th) as we broadcast live from 12:30 p.m. – 4 p.m. at Midtown Oyster Bar.
Whaler’s Brewing Company, Midtown Oyster Bar, 1540 AM WADK and What’sUpNewp will be teaming up to raise money to help support Newport’s Ancient Order of Hibernian’s Pipes and Drums.
Newport’s Ancient Order of Hibernian’s Pipes and Drums have been invited to participate in a parade of pipe bands to commemorate the 100th Anniversary of Ireland’s 1916 Easter Rising. The parade is one of many events to commemorate this important event in Irish history. The parade is being organized to honor those who fought for Ireland’s independence during the 1916 Rising and will be held in Dublin on March 26, 2016.
Stop by Midtown Oyster Bar on Thursday, March 17th (the “real” St. Patrick’s Day) between 12:30 p.m. – 4 p.m. for some great food (like a Corned Beef Sandwich), Irish fun, fundraising, music and a chance to win a stay at the Irish Village on Cape Cod.
Whaler’s Brewing Company, one of Rhode Island’s newest breweries, will be on hand from 2pm – 4pm with samples and giveaways. $1 from every bottle of Whaler’s sold will also benefit Newport’s AOH Pipes & Drums band.
Midtown Oyster Bar is located at 345 Thames Street in Newport, RI.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Get Lost! “Six Picks” Corn Mazes in Newport County and Beyond
- Gamm Theatre launches fellowship program for emerging artists
- Just Sold: The 25 homes sold in Newport County this past week
- Gubernatorial candidate Treasurer Seth Magaziner joins What’sUpNewp for a live virtual conversation on Wednesday
- On This Day – September 22, 1962: President Kennedy and Jacqueline watch 4th America’s Cup Race off the Coast of Newport
- Vaccinate the Ocean State: Mini-grants available to nonprofits, organizations to support vaccine promotion
- Olympic Swimmer Elizabeth Beisel will make a record-breaking swim to Block Island (Updated)
- What’s Up Interview: Ben Folds coming to The Vets Friday, Sept. 24
- Legislation signed that makes civics education proficiency a requirement for all public high school graduates
- Sour Grapes – A Comic Strip by Tim Jones: September 21