FatFace, a UK based company that specializes in lifestyle clothing and accessories, is coming to Newport, RI.
What’sUpNewp has confirmed that FatFace will open at 172 Thames Street, formerly operated as A Christmas To Remember and Potter & Co. Jack Wills, another British Company, was located right next door to their new home and just recently closed.
FatFace was founded in 1988 by Tim Slade and Jules Leaver as a business selling T-shirts at ski resorts.The company opened its first retail shop in 1993; as of 2014 there are 209 Fat Face stores in the UK and Ireland. Read More About The FatFace Story.
Owner of FatFace now include Bridgepoint Capital (55%), Tim Slade (6%), Jules Leaver (6%), Fat Face Employees (13%) and “Others” (20%).
FatFace currently operates two stores in the United States, in Portland, Maine and Lynnfield, Massachusetts.
For more info on FatFace, visit www.us.fatface.com.
This story will be updated as more information is received/announced.
The Latest From WUN
- Holidays at the Newport Mansions returns to The Breakers, Marble House, and The Elms starting November 20
- Oakland Forest in Portsmouth will be inducted into the national Old-Growth Forest Network
- Stop & Shop to hold a one-day career fair at all 27 Rhode Island locations
- RI Music Educators call on state, school districts to fund music & arts education
- Wilbury Theatre Group launches Pay-What-You-Can ticket structure for all performances