Despina’s opened the 2,000 square foot restaurant on March 28th, 2014 at 258 Bellevue Avenue and is currently listed for sale at $129,000.
Despina’s is currently still open for business from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. everyday expect Sunday, when they are closed.
Property Listing Information
Restaurant business for sale in Newport’s only downtown grocery-anchored plaza. Amazing location immediately adjacent to Stop & Shop Supermarket doors. Year round foot traffic. Sale of business is offered in conjunction with plaza real estate lease.
About Despina’s Cafe
Despina’s Café is a family run establishment that is owned and operated by Jim and Janice Tasso of Newport, along with their sons Nicholas and Jimmy. The family venture into the restaurant business was prompted by Jim’s love of cooking. The restaurant is named in memory of Jim’s mother Despina, who not only taught and inspired Jim but handed down recipes from their Greek heritage.
The Latest From WUN
- National Sailing Hall Of Fame inducts Class of 2021
- Newport woman is first-ever female to win Citizens Pell Bridge Run
- What’s Up This Week: Heart & Sole Walk for Animals, Full Moon Bike ride, The Exorcist, & more
- Newport Garden Club to host a talk by ‘The Seedhuntress’
- Changing seasons, changing exhibits at Little Compton Historical Society