After being closed for almost all of 2015, What’sUpNewp has learned that Christie’s will re-open on Saturday, March 12th for a special pop-up opening in honor of the 60th Annual Newport Saint Patrick’s Day Parade.
The restaurant will be open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and will be serving up beer, cocktails, the Classic Christie’s Burger, New England clam chowder and a crispy chicken sandwich.
Christie’s has confirmed that they plan on re-opening for the summer season in May.
Besides opening for one or two fundraisers or special events per year, Christie’s, which is owned and operated by Forty 1 North, has just about been completely closed since 2014.
Christie’s is located at 14 Perry Mill Wharf in Newport, RI.
More from What’s Up Newp
- Opinion – Rep. Carson: High stakes of appropriate coastal management
- Edward King House to serve as a new drop-off site for Meals on Wheels
- Newport resident named new VP & Branch Sales Manager at BankNewport’s North Kingstown branch
- Ticket Giveaway: S.G. Goodman Saturday, Oct. 30th at the Newport Casino
- Nor’easter Update: National Grid responding to power outages
- Update: All restrictions lifted on Newport Pell and Jamestown Verrazzano Bridges
- Got storm photos? Send us your pics by 9PM Wednesday
- Obituary: Molly Falconer de Ramel
- Grey Sail Brewing celebrating 10 years
- LIVE BLOG | Rhode Island cancellations, closures, and delays