Discover the best events, entertainment, live music, activities and things to do during this Newport Saint Patrick’s Day Parade Weekend in and around Newport!
In Chronological Order
1 – Expo & Job Fair
Friday, March 11th at 4pm
The Newport County Chamber of Commerce’s 2016 EXPO and Job Fair will take place this Friday, March 11th from 4:00 – 7:00 p.m. at the Hyatt Regency, Newport. Join over 130 exhibitors as they showcase their businesses, current promotions and offers. This year enjoy food and wine tastings by Blackstone Caterers, Fifth Element, Cilantro Mexican, Russell Morin Fine Caterers, Greenvale Vineyards. There will be face painting sponsored by Senior Fit, chair massages by Serenity Day Spa, eyebrow waxing by Kimberly for Consistently Excellent Eyebrows, music by Lois Vaughn Jazz, and over 80 door prizes to be won! Make sure you enter for the GRAND door prize of an overnight stay at Bristol Harbor Inn with dinner for two at DeWolf Tavern. FREE admission for Chamber members and their employees and only $3.00 for general admission!
If you are a job seeker there will be many hiring healthcare providers such as Visiting Nurse Services, Newport Hospital, Newport Mental Health, Healtherwood and more. The hospitality industry will be represented by Newport Marriott, the Hyatt, and Hotel Viking. Retail shops like Soap and Water and The Shops @ Music Box will be there along with the Preservation Society of Newport County and McGrath’s Clambakes. Bring your resume for FREE entry into the EXPO and Job Fair.
The Chamber looks forward to kicking it all off with the Newport St. Patrick’s Day parade grand marshals and 1540 WADK/Mixx 99.3! See you there!
2 – The Irish Revival 5 Beers + 5 Courses
Friday, March 11th at 7pm
The Irish Revival Beer Dinner 5 Beers + 5 Courses will be held at ‘VUE on March 11, 2016 at 7:00pm.
Hosted by Revival Brewing & Russell Morin Catering & Events, this dinner will consist of five different beers served with five different courses. $55 Per Person.Call ‘VUE to make reservations 401.848.0472. For more information, visit the Facebook Event
3 – Friday Movie Night – Paddington
Friday, March 11th at 7pm
Friday movie night at Kay Chapel starts at 7pm (doors open at 6:30pm). Free valet parking, free movie and popcorn. Pre-movie Dinner Specials: free children’s entrée with each purchased adult entrée.
4 – Newport Storm Pint Night
Friday, March 11th from 7pm – 9pm
Eager with anticipation for the 2016 60th Annual Newport St. Patrick’s Day Parade? Well, Newport Storm’s Spring Irish Red Ale has been named official beer of the parade for the fifth year! So, get a head start and begin the celebration at Buskers Irish Pub for their annual Newport St. Patrick’s Day Parade Pint Nights! Grab a Spring Irish Red Ale and $2 of the purchase goes right to the parade committee and as a thank you for your contribution towards one of Newport’s most honored tradition, the commemorative pint glass is yours to keep! Let your inner Irish pride shine and let the fun begin.
5 – Live Improv Comedy with The Bit Players
Friday, March 11th at 8pm
RI’s most award-winning comedy troupe hits the stage with their hilarious improv show full of larger than life characters, hysterical musical numbers, & the quickest wit you’ll ever see EVERY Fri & Sat night at 8pm. If you are going for a special occasion & would like a person(s) of honor to be part of the show let us know in advance. We will create a customized game just for your group! We encourage ALL guests to buy tickets online, shows often sell out. All shows are BYOB! Laugh More.
6 – 60th Annual Newport Saint Patrick’s Day Parade
Saturday, March 12th at 11am
The 60th Annual Newport Saint Patrick’s Day Parade will be held, rain, snow, or shine, on Saturday, March 12th 2016. The parade will begin promptly at 11:00am from Newport City Hall and will proceed to Carroll Avenue at Saint Augustin’s Church in the heart of the Fifth Ward. The parade this year is estimated to last 2 hours and will include Pipe Bands, Marching Bands, Fife & Drum Corps, Clown Units, reenactment units, and a host of local, state, and regional organizations including police and fire units, social/fraternal organizations, Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, Schools, and non-profits.
7 – Second Saturday: Providence Children’s Film Festival
Saturday, March 12th at 10am
The Newport Art Museum is THE place to be on the Second Saturday of the month! Mark your calendars and join us for unique family programming each and every time! Crafts, tours, special performances, activities and more. Geared for children ages 3-12, their friends, parents, grandparents, and caregivers… Come on over!
March 12: Providence Children’s Film Festival – Join us for a selection of this year’s short film favorites curated especially for the Museum by the Providence Children’s Film Festival! Animation, live action, foreign and fabulous! Channel this inspiraton to create your own imaginative film story board and sculpt your mini lead character. Don’t miss it!
8 – Brick Alley Pub Post-Parade Clean Up
Sunday, March 13th from 9am – 11:30am
For the 6th year in a row, Brick Alley Pub will once again host their Annual Post-Parade Day Clean-Up! The cleanup will be held the morning after the 60th Annual Newport St. Patrick’s Day Parade on Sunday March 13th, 2016 from 9:00am to 11:30am.
Those who are interested in helping the Brick Alley Pub team and other volunteers help clean up Newport, can commit to as much or as little time as they have available. The crew of volunteers will meet at 9:00 a.m. at Brick Alley Pub and will wrap up around 11:30 a.m.
Everyone that volunteers to help with this effort will receive a $10 gift certificate to Brick Alley Pub.
Brick Alley Pub will provide all the necessary supplies (gloves, trash bags, sweepers, etc.) – you just need to bring yourself and a friend or two! For any students needing some community service hours this is a great way fulfill.
Live Music & Entertainment Listings
- Buskers: Live music from 9pm to 1am. No Cover.
- Celtica: Karaoke at 10pm. No cover.
- Clarke Cooke House: DJ & Dancing in the Boom Boom Room from 10pm to 1am. No cover.
- Firehouse Theater: Live improv comedy with The Bit Players at 8pm.
- Hotel Viking (One Bellevue Lounge): Live music with ZanRicky from 7pm – 11pm.
- Jimmy’s Saloon: Live music with Warbler Roost, Last Good Tooth, The Receiver, Marc Delgado at 9pm
- Jo’s Bistro: Live music with John & Joanne from 7pm to 10pm. No cover.
- Midtown Oyster Bar: Live music at 10pm. No cover.
- Newport Blues Cafe: Live music at 9pm.
- Newport Elks Lodge: Live music at 6:30pm.
- O’brien’s Pub: Live music at 5pm.
- One Pelham East: Live music with The Sugar Babies @Pelham at 9pm.
- Parlor Bar & Kitchen: Live music with DRIFTWOOD with FOUR BRIDGES & ANTHONY DANIELS at 9pm.
- Pour Judgement: Live music at 10pm.
- Saltwater at Newport Harbor Hotel: Live music with Steve Mortrude from 7pm – 10pm.
- Speakeasy: Live music from 10pm to 1am. No cover.
- Tavern On Broadway: Live Reggae music with REGGAE FRIDAY featuring ROOTS REACTION at TAVERN 10pm to 1am. No cover.
- Wharf Pub: Live music at 8:30pm. No cover.
- Recommended Read: Guide to What’s Happening at Newport’s Bars and Restaurants on Saint Patrick’s Parade Day
- Clarke Cooke House: Live music with Bobby Ferreira from 12:30pm to 3:30pm. No cover.
- Fastnet Pub: Live traditional Irish Music from 6pm to 9pm. No cover.
- Fifth Element: Live music from 12pm to 3pm . No cover.
- Jamestown Arts Center: Second Sunday Café:The Piano in Myth & History, Three Centuries in Sight and Sound at 4pm
- Jimmy’s: Live Music at 9pm.
- Pour Judgement: Live music with Los Duderinos from 10pm to 1am. No cover.
- Speakeasy: Live music with Stu Sinclair at 8:30pm. No cover.
- Wharf Pub: Live music from 2pm to 5pm. No cover