Discover the best events, activities and things to do during March in and around Newport, RI.
It’s going to be a messy Monday morning commute, head here for the latest cancellations, closings and delays.
(In chronological order)
1 – Battle Chefs
Tuesday at 8pm at The Revolving Door Restaurant
Rhode Island’s best chefs go toe to toe weekly and are dealt an exotic secret ingredient and 45 minutes to impress the crowd and judges. $20 per person (includes 1 drink)
2 – Beer Pairing Dinner with Magic Hat Brewery
Wednesday at 6pm at Hotel Viking
Enjoy a $39 price fix beer pairing dinner with Magic Hat Brewing Company at Hotel Viking. Enjoy special guests from the brewery (or distributor) to tell you about your beer. #VikingBeerDinner. Tickets
Appetizer: Orange Arugula Salad – mandarin oranges, shallots, red pepper, miso herb vinaigrette
Entrée: Shrimp Risotto – crushed peanuts, scallions, chili oil
Dessert: Fried Wonton – cheesecake filled sweet soy
3 – WADK’s 55+ Lifestyle
Thursday from 10am to 6pm at Newport Harbor Hotel
AM 1540 WADK is celebrating this all important demographic with Aquidneck Island’s first Fifty-Five Plus Lifestyles Exposition. This event is FREE and will be held on Thursday, March 24th from 10am to 6pm in the ballroom of the Newport Harbor Hotel, complete with interesting seminars, panel discussions, compelling speakers and booths comprised of displays from varied regional and local business.
4 – Vineyard Vinyasa Yoga
Thursday from 5:45pm to 8pm at Newport Vineyards
Un-wine-d with a yoga class unlike any other. Set in Newport Vineyards and presented by Thames Street Yoga & Shunya Studio, embark on a 1 hour and 15 mins yoga class, followed by a Newport Vineyards wine tasting. Dine at Brix Restaurant following the tasting to cap off the night. 5:45 – 7:00 – yoga presented by Thames Street Yoga & Shunya Studio. BYOM (bring your own mat). 7:00 – 8:00 Newport Vineyards wine tasting. $22 per person, includes yoga class and wine tasting. Tickets
5 – Women In Business After Hours
Thursday from 6pm to 8pm at The Elms
Join Newport County Chamber of Commerce for an inspiring conversation about Newport’s Historic Women of Industry with Keynote Speaker – Eileen Warburton, author, educator and historian as we celebrate Womens History Month!
RSVP here: http://bit.ly/1WX5dUY
The Women in Business Initiative was created to enrich and celebrate the talents and skills of women in business—those who manage people, those who are in a high-level individual contributor role or those who own their own business—through networking events focused on professional development and relationship building.
The Women in Business initiative provides informative networking events, seminars and forums of interest to local women in business and is sponsored by The Preservation Society of Newport County. This year the Chamber has also partnered with The PVD Lady Project as wel grow our Women in Business Series!
6 – Grey Sail Beer Dinner
Thursday at 6pm at Tavern on Broadway
Join Tavern On Broadway for a beer dinner with one of Rhode Island’s favorite breweries, Grey Sail Brewing! Make your reservations today! $55 all inclusive!
7 – A Night To Remember Fashion Show
Thursday from 6pm to 8pm at Newport Art Museum
There will be complimentary beverages and appetizers available before the show starts. StyleWeek and Providence-based designer Maria Del Carmen Mercado will headline the runway with a collection of one-of-a-kind formal and semi-formal dresses. Rogers High School students will showcase a collection of their own “decked out denim,” and “local celebrities” will be strutting down the runway in fabulous finds from local boutiques—all for a good cause. Go to website to register and purchase tickets to attend the event. www.anighttoremembernewport.com
8 – Barrel Of Laughs Comedy Show
Friday at 6:30pm at Newport Vineyards
Join Newport Vineyards for an evening of wine and merriment as comedians Nick Lavallee, Marie Forster and Jeremy Furtado get the crowd going for headliner Lamont Price to deliver a barrel of laughs. Make it a night with friends or your special someone, and join us at Brix Restaurant before or after the show and receive a ½ price appetizer with your comedy ticket. PLUS enjoy 10% off Marketplace items that night only. Tickets
Friday, March 25
$20 in advance ($22 at the door)
4:00 p.m. – Brix Restaurant Opens
6:30 p.m.- Comedy Show Bar Opens (wine by the glass and beer available for purchase)
7:00 p.m. – Showtime
9 – Live Improv Comedy with The Bit Players
Friday at 8pm at The Firehouse Theatre
RI’s most award-winning comedy troupe hits the stage with their hilarious improv show full of larger than life characters, hysterical musical numbers, & the quickest wit you’ll ever see EVERY Fri & Sat night at 8pm. If you are going for a special occasion & would like a person(s) of honor to be part of the show let us know in advance. We will create a customized game just for your group! We encourage ALL guests to buy tickets online, shows often sell out. All shows are BYOB! Laugh More.
10 – Friday Movie Night – Girls Night Out
Friday at 7pm
Ladies, you deserve a night out. Start at One Bellevue Lounge for specialty cocktails like the Viking Cosmo and enjoy complimentary fruit & cheese, before seeing the hilarious Tina Fey and Amy Pohler in “Sisters.”
Lounge guests will be entered in raffle to win prizes including Gift Certificate to SpaFjor.
Winners announced right before show time! More Info
Live Music, Entertainment & Comedy Listings
- Diegos: Trivia at 9pm
- Fastnet: Live music with The Ubiquitones from 10pm to 1am. No cover.
- Fifth Element: Live music with The Groove Merchants from 7pm to 10pm
- Midtown Oyster Bar: Live music from 9pm to 1am. No cover.
- Perro Salado: Live music with Julio Amaro from 6pm to 9pm. No cover.
- Empire Tea & Coffee (Broadway Location): Acoustic folk jam at 7:30pm.
- O’brien’s: Trivia at 9:30pm
- Wharf Pub: Open Mic at 8pm.
- Buskers: Open mic night with Mike Warner from 9pm to 1am. No cover.
- Fastnet: Pub Trivia at 9pm.
- Jimmy’s Saloon: Live music at 8pm
- Norey’s Star Restaurant: Live music with at 9pm. No cover.
- Perro Salado: Live music with The Throttles from 10pm to 1am. No cover.
- Sardella’s: Live jazz music at 7:30pm. No cover.
- Tavern On Broadway: Live jazz music at 7pm.
- Celtica: Trivia at 9pm
- Hibernian Hall: Live music with The Playboys at 6pm.
- Jimmy’s Saloon: Open mic at 9pm.
- Norey’s Star Restaurant: Live jazz music at 7:30pm. No cover.
- Perro Salado: Live music with The HonkyTonk Knights from 9pm to 1am. No cover.
- Speakeasy: Live music with Justin Pomfret at 9pm.
- Wharf Pub: Bingo at 8pm
- Buskers: Live music from 9pm to 1am. No Cover.
- Celtica: Karaoke at 10pm. No cover.
- Clarke Cooke House: DJ & Dancing in the Boom Boom Room from 10pm to 1am. No cover.
- Firehouse Theater: Live improv comedy with The Bit Players at 8pm.
- Hotel Viking (One Bellevue Lounge): Live music from 7pm – 11pm.
- Jimmy’s Saloon: Live music with at 9pm.
- Jo’s Bistro: Live music with John & Joanne from 7pm to 10pm. No cover.
- Midtown Oyster Bar: Live music at 10pm. No cover.
- Newport Blues Cafe: Live music at 9pm.
- One Pelham East: Live music at 9pm.
- Parlor Bar & Kitchen: Live music at 9pm.
- Speakeasy: Live music from 10pm to 1am. No cover.
- Tavern On Broadway: Live Reggae music from 10pm to 1am. No cover.
- Wharf Pub: Live music at 8:30pm. No cover.