Following several anonymous bomb threats to Newport and Middletown Public Schools this month, NBC 10 News reported on February 16th that the Rhode Island State Police had arrested a male Newport teenager.
The Providence Journal reported on February 21st that police have said a Newport teenager used a web server in Russia, various overseas and local phone carriers, and software tools for generating a computerized voice message to make bomb threats in eight communities.
Read the full story written by Mark Reynolds and published in The Providence Journal on February 21st – Investigators faced high-tech puzzle in tracing R.I. robocall threats.
- February 1 – Rogers High School Receives Anonymous Threat
- February 2 – UPDATE: Newport Public Schools Receive Another Anonymous Threat
- February 3 – Rogers High School Receives Third Anonymous Threat This Week
- February 4 – Bomb Threat Forces Evacuation of Local Schools on Thursday
- February 10 – Rogers High School Receives Anonymous Email Threat on Wednesday
The Latest From WUN
- Obituary: Elizabeth Marion (Matter) Chambers
- Best-selling author Ann Hood hosts ‘The Writing Life’ public talk at Salve Regina on Oct. 30
- Brown University to significantly expand financial aid and college access
- What’s Up This Week: Hocus Pocus, Tour de Fright, Halloween festivities, and much more
- Bowzer’s Rock ‘N’ Doo-Wop Party 20th Anniversary coming to Mohegan Sun Jan. 16