It is the third Monday in February, which means it’s Presidents Day, also known as the way the United States honors and pays tribute to George Washington and Abraham Lincoln.
Did you know 25 Presidents have visited Newport, RI before, during or after they served as President? It’s true, read more about it here – The 25 U.S. Presidents That Have Visited Newport, RI Since 1781.
Looking for something to do today or this week? Check out 10 Great Things To Do This Week In Newport (Feb. 15 – 19).
Here’s a guide to getting through your Monday:
Local and Federal government offices will be closed today.
Rhode Island State offices are open today.
[contextly_auto_sidebar] The U.S. Postal Service will not deliver mail and the post office will be closed.
All schools and libraries are closed today.
Most banks will be closed today.
Financial and stock markets will be closed.
All federal, state and local courts will be closed.
If you live in Newport and Middletown, you’re on your regular trash & recycling schedule.
If you live in Tiverton, there’s no trash & recycling collection today. Collections will be delayed one day for the rest of the week.
RIPTA will be operating on its regular schedule.
Enjoy Your Presidents Day In Newport!
The Latest From WUN
- Obituary: Elizabeth Marion (Matter) Chambers
- Best-selling author Ann Hood hosts ‘The Writing Life’ public talk at Salve Regina on Oct. 30
- Brown University to significantly expand financial aid and college access
- What’s Up This Week: Hocus Pocus, Tour de Fright, Halloween festivities, and much more
- Bowzer’s Rock ‘N’ Doo-Wop Party 20th Anniversary coming to Mohegan Sun Jan. 16