Flo’s Clam Shack has confirmed on their Facebook Page that they will appear on Travel Channel‘s Bizarre Foods: Delicious Destinations on Tuesday, March 1st at 9 p.m.
A preview for the premiere of the “Providence” episode describes that the show’s host “Andrew Zimmern reveals the iconic foods of Rhode Island’s capital”. Flo’s is the only restaurant from Aquidneck Island to be featured, but is one of many restaurants from throughout Rhode Island to appear on the show.
The show will premiere on March 1st at 9pm and also will re-air on March 2nd at 12am, March 7th at 8pm and March 8th at 3am.
Crew from the show visited Flo’s Clam Shack in Middletown back in September of 2015 to record the feature.
About The Show – Bizarre Foods: Delicious Destinations
Every traveler wants to try a crepe in Paris, gelato in Florence, Italy, or a po’boy in New Orleans. But how many really know where those dishes came from or how they are made? Andrew Zimmern digs into the not-to-be-missed legendary foods that define a location.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- What’sUp Interview: Sean Oshima of Oshima Brothers coming to Norman Bird Sanctuary September 24th
- ReVision: Newport Art Museum announces new exhibition by Annu Palakunnathu Matthew
- Aquidneck Land Trust announces the start of its annual Art & Writing Contest
- Gerry Goldstein: Music, with nature calling the tune
- Apple Picking Season has arrived! “Six Picks” Orchards in Newport County and beyond
- Jamestown Arts Center seeks artist submissions for ‘RAW: Reassessment and Wonder’
- National Data shows an increase in child poverty and uninsured children
- 24th International Seapower Symposium taking place at Naval War College this week
- Obituary: Anne S. Gadoury
- Obituary: John Richard Davidson