(Featured Photo by Madeline Berry)
Winter Storm Jonas (yes, we know it’s a Weather Channel name. It’s just easier to call it that then the “snow storm that hit Newport, RI on January 23 and 24th, 2016”) made landfall in Newport, RI around 9:30 a.m. on Saturday, January 23rd.
While it’s had an impact business as usual with some business, restaurants, shops and events having to change business as usual, it sure has been beautiful.
Here are our favorite photos so far from the snow storm, we will be updating this throughout the weekend so tag your photos on Instagram with #WhatsUpNewp or #NewportRI to be included.
Content Presented By:
[View the story “PHOTOS: Winter Storm Jonas + Newport, RI” on Storify]
More From What’s Up Newp
- This Day in RI History: May 18, 1652 – Rhode Island becomes the first colony to pass an anti-slavery law
- Now Hiring: 125+ job opportunities available right now
- Rhode Island Hospitality Jobs: RI Hospitality Association launches new website for employers and job seekers
- Governor McKee, RIDOH change up COVID-19 press conference schedule, will now take place every other Thursday
- CCRI hosts 5th Annual Raising Opportunities Benefit to support students’ ‘comeback’ amidst pandemic