(Featured Photo by Madeline Berry)
Winter Storm Jonas (yes, we know it’s a Weather Channel name. It’s just easier to call it that then the “snow storm that hit Newport, RI on January 23 and 24th, 2016”) made landfall in Newport, RI around 9:30 a.m. on Saturday, January 23rd.
While it’s had an impact business as usual with some business, restaurants, shops and events having to change business as usual, it sure has been beautiful.
Here are our favorite photos so far from the snow storm, we will be updating this throughout the weekend so tag your photos on Instagram with #WhatsUpNewp or #NewportRI to be included.
Content Presented By:
[View the story “PHOTOS: Winter Storm Jonas + Newport, RI” on Storify]
The Latest From WUN
- Weather Alert: High Wind Warning issued for the region – Storm arrives Tuesday
- Obituary: Elizabeth Marion (Matter) Chambers
- Best-selling author Ann Hood hosts ‘The Writing Life’ public talk at Salve Regina on Oct. 30
- Brown University to significantly expand financial aid and college access
- What’s Up This Week: Hocus Pocus, Tour de Fright, Halloween festivities, and much more