Brianna DeWitt-TMS and Pell Orchestras, TMS Tri-M Advisor The Thompson Middle School Tri-M Music Honor Society recently entered the Music In Our Schools Tour video contest.
The students were required to submit a short video of themselves performing their school song. The winning school will be featured as a stop on the tour, celebrate with a private concert by a Radio Disney recording artist, and receive a generous grant from the Give A Note Foundation. Thompson’s
submission was selected as one of two finalist videos for the Eastern division by a panel of music artists and the contest sponsors!
In order to win the competition, the Thompson video must receive the most online votes in the Eastern Division. They need your help to spread the word and get as many people voting for our video as possible!
The voting period will be open from January 28, 2016 through February 10, 2016, no registration is necessary to vote.
You can also vote through the Radio Disney app! Download the app and swipe up from the home screen until you find the Music In Our Tour logo (above)- tap to get to the voting site.
The Thompson Middle School music students appreciate your support and are thrilled to have earned this amazing opportunity, but we absolutely need the community’s help in order to win!
The Music In Our Schools tour is sponsored by NAfME (National Association for Music Education), Radio Disney, and the Give a Note Foundation. The Tri-M program is made possible by a grant from the Newport
Public Education Foundation.
The Latest From WUN
- Bowzer’s Rock ‘N’ Doo-Wop Party 20th Anniversary coming to Mohegan Sun Jan. 16
- What’s Up at the Movies: We Review “Dune”
- Concert Recap and Photos: The Minks rock Askew (October 21, 2021)
- New behavioral health pharmacy in EBCAP to serve those with mental health and addiction issues
- Newport Art Museum to present “Newport: The City as a Work of Art” lecture series with John R. Tschirch