“Joey Alexander plays jazz like a veteran of decades, but he’s just 12 years old.” Anderson Cooper reports on the jazz prodigy for CBS’s 60 Minutes.
Joey Alexander is the youngest person ever to be invited to play the legendary Newport Jazz Festival. In 2015, he performed twice at Fort Adams – once on the Storyville Stage and once on the Quad Stage.
CBS’s 60 Minutes was on hand for both performances and has the full story. The video doesn’t appear below for everyone due to certain region restrictions. If it doesn’t, you can read and watch here – Little Jazz Man!
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Legislation signed into law that requires litter prevention and recycling awareness be taught in schools
- Team Racing friends and rivals to reunite in Newport for New York Yacht Club’s trio of team race regattas
- Obituary: Frances H. Sanita
- U.S. SailGP Team hosts inaugural Foiling First: Learn to Foil Camp with Bristol Yacht Club & East Bay Sailing Foundation
- Obituary: Thomas Risso
- Now Hiring: 129 job opportunities available in and around Newport right now
- What’s Up This Weekend (July 30 – August 1): Things to do, live music, and more
- The Boys & Girls Clubs of Newport County: Newport Yacht Rendezvous returns on August 13
- Guest View – Sean O’Connor: Importance of Pride all year
- Home on Chastellux Avenue in Newport sells for $7.1 million