The Wild Ponies performance originally schedule at Common Fence Music, 933 Anthony Road for February 6, 2016 at 8 pm has been postponed due to unforeseen circumstances. Doug and Telisha Williams, Virginia alternate-country singer songwriters appeared at Common Fence Music in April 2012 and were enthusiastically received. They have since added a bass player and now appear as The Wild Ponies. This performance is in the process of being rescheduled for the Fall of 2016. A silver lining of sorts: Doug and Telisha are releasing a new CD in the late spring of 2016 and will have it available when they return.
Common Fence Music is a non-profit with a mission to promote culturally relevant but underexposed folk, roots and world music through concerts and educational activities. Seasonal soups, homemade refreshments and soft-drinks are available. The hall is ramp accessible.
The Latest From WUN
- Six Picks: The best in live music this weekend – Sarah Potenza, Elvis Costello and more
- Obituary: Julian C. Clinton
- “Six Picks” Pumpkin Ale – It’s the time of the season
- Holidays at the Newport Mansions returns to The Breakers, Marble House, and The Elms starting November 20
- Oakland Forest in Portsmouth will be inducted into the national Old-Growth Forest Network