A special election in Senate District 11, which includes parts of Bristol, Portsmouth and Tiverton, to fill the seat of former Republican Senator Christopher Ottiano took place today, Tuesday, January 5.
Republican nominee John Pagliarini and Democratic nominee Jim Seveney faced off against eachother in today’s Special Election to fill the vacant Senate seat.
According to Ted Nesi, Political/Economic Report for WPRI 12, the official results from Senate 11 as of 9pm on January 5th with approximately 200 mail ballots still to be counted…
- Republican: Pagliarini – 1,203
- Democrat: Seveney – 1,133
- Independant: Blythe – 25
Ryan Belmore, Owner/Editor of What’sUpNewp, spoke with Pagliarini and Seveney on his radio show The Open Forum on 1540 AM WADK Newport on Monday, you can listen to those interviews HERE.
This story will be updated as mail ballots are counted and results are updated.
The Latest From WUN
- What’s Up This Weekend: Heart & Sole Walk for Animals, Goat Hikes, Barks & Brews, and more
- Obituary: Gardiner Lee Sherman
- The Minks coming to Askew Thursday, October 21
- Irish immigrant women in domestic service topic of upcoming lecture
- Foiling Kiteboarder slashes 1 minute and 14 seconds off Around Jamestown Record