Chaz Aracil, recent Rhode Island School of Design Alumni and Portsmouth local will showcase at Art Hearts Fashion at New York Fashion Week. The presentation takes place in New York City this upcoming February at the Angel Orensanz Foundation.
New York Fashion Week is a semi-annual series of events where fashion collections are shown to buyers, press and the general public. These series of events held in February and September, have a massive impact for the city of New York and generate hundreds of millions in total economic impact each year. Over 230,000 people attend the semi-annual shows. As a recent graduate and emerging designer, showing at New York Fashion Week gives Aracil the opportunity to be seen by potential collaborators, buyers and employers.
In order to raise funds and awareness of his design process, Aracil has launched a fundraising campaign through crowd-funding website Indiegogo. This campaign, ending January 31, 2016 at 11:59pm, helps Aracil pay for things such as showing fees, models, accessories, and new innovative materials. “At RISD we were encouraged to push boundaries and not to be afraid of what happens next,” Aracil notes. “I’m excited for this great opportunity and to see what other doors open from this amazing experience”.
In addition to hosting a number of designers, Art Hearts Fashion philanthropic drive stretches from coast to coast supporting organizations including: Aids Health Care Foundation, Make A Wish Foundation, Children’s Hospital LA, and Women’s Cancer Research Foundation.
Chaz Aracil is a Fine Artist and emerging Fashion Designer based in Portsmouth Rhode Island, whose inspirations and interests rely heavily on extensive research pertaining to systems of natural sciences and elements within our surroundings. Through this research, he translates and reinterprets these findings into one of a kind wearable art pieces.
- Fore more information about Chaz’s Indiegogo campaign, visit www.igg.me/at/chazaracilNYFW
- For more information about Chaz, visit www.chazaracil.com
- For more information about Art Hearts Fashion, visit www.artheartsfashion.com
More From What’s Up Newp
- WUN-ON-ONE: A virtual video conversation with Melanie Chartoff, comedian, actress, and author
- International Tennis Hall Of Fame acquires tennis-inspired art collection from Hall of Famer Gianni Clerici
- Mask mandate to be lifted for those fully vaccinated on May 18; most remaining COVID-19 restrictions to be lifted on May 21
- John E. Fogarty Foundation provides more than $175,000 in grants to 31 organizations across Rhode Island
- Obituary: Berit M. Hattendorf