It was a fast paced Monday edition of The Open Forum on 1540 AM WADK Newport today. I was immediately joined by the Rhode Island Blood Center, a Be The Match partner, to discuss the Bone Marrow Drive happening at the Pell School earlier today.
Bonnie Gomes, President of 3G Broadcasting, then joined me to discuss a personal experience that her family has had with the Be The Match system and why everyone should register for the program.
Ray Davis, yes that Ray from Abbey Rhode, then joined me to talk about the great work that he is doing in Portsmouth with the Portsmouth Prevention Coalition. It was a great discussion about what challenges we have with substance abuse on Aquidneck Island and across Rhode Island.
Listen to it all here;
12:30pm – 1pm
1pm – 2pm
Listen to “The Open Forum with Ryan Belmore” every weekday from 12:30pm – 2pm on 1540 AM WADK Newport and online at www.wadk.com.
The Latest From WUN
- Tony® Award-Winning Musical “Million Dollar Quartet” coming to Boston’s Boch Center October 29th + 30th
- Gerry Goldstein: For Mercy’s sake, he stood guard through the night
- City of Newport: A portion of the Cliff Walk will be closed on Monday for maintenance
- Newport String Quartet to perform Dvorak, Montgomery, and Tate at St Columba’s
- ‘Normandie’ estate on Ocean Drive sells for $12.5 million