In case you missed it, the Rhode Island General Assembly will honor 8-year-old Dorian Murray of Westerly today with a resolution proclaiming Wednesday, Jan. 20, 2016, as “#DSTRONG Day.”
Dorian, who has been diagnosed with rhabdomyosarcoma, a rare untreatable cancer, is scheduled to attend the session as a guest in both the House and Senate chambers for the reading of the proclamation.
Dorian has become a worldwide sensation, with #DSTRONG signs popping up around the globe following a viral campaign to tell his story of determination in the face of adversity.
For more info on Dorian and his fight, follow Praying For Dorian on Facebook.
Photos will be added as they are uploaded to social media or received.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- FirstWorks Live series at Roger Williams Park continues with Thea Hopkins Sunday, September 19th
- Live Music Society announces Cat Henry as Executive Director
- Rep. Ruggiero to lead CRMC study commission
- Norman Bird Sanctuary welcomes fall with harvest season of events
- Clear the Shelters: Potter League to host pet adoption drive on Saturday
- RI Foundation honors Wickford lawyer with highest honor
- Newport Art Museum to host Newport Day of Design Walking Tour
- Obituary: Florence Seibert
- Obituary: Richard B. Kyle
- Six Picks: The best in live music this weekend – Bristol Porchfest, Los Lobos and the Rascals