VIDEO: Watch Her 1986 Newport Jazz Festival Performance
Singer Natalie Cole died on December 31st, 2015 at the age of 65 according to her publicist.
Natalie Maria Cole was an American singer, songwriter, and performer. The daughter of Nat King Cole, Natalie rose to musical success in the mid-1970s as an R&B artist with the hits “This Will Be”, “Inseparable”, and “Our Love”
Natalie Cole performed multiple times at the Newport Jazz Festival including in 1986 and kicked off the festival with at the International Tennis Hall Of Fame in 2013.
Watch her performance at the Newport Jazz Festival on August 24, 1986.
Natalie Cole – This Will Be (An Everlasting Love) – 8/24/1986 – Newport Jazz Festival (Official)
(Full Disclosure: Newport Jazz Festival does provide trade to What’sUpNewp for running their ads)
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 1 Recap and Photos (July 30)
- 31 open houses happening this weekend (July 30 – August 1)
- A1 Roofing & Construction teams up with FabNewport to further FabGolf program for local youth
- Reps. Edwards, Cortvriend, Carson, Phillips attend national redistricting conference
- Newport Music Festival announces Fall Chamber Series, Community Concerts
- Legislation signed into law that requires litter prevention and recycling awareness be taught in schools
- Team Racing friends and rivals to reunite in Newport for New York Yacht Club’s trio of team race regattas
- Obituary: Frances H. Sanita
- U.S. SailGP Team hosts inaugural Foiling First: Learn to Foil Camp with Bristol Yacht Club & East Bay Sailing Foundation
- Obituary: Thomas Risso