Every New Year’s Day, the Newport Polar Bears invite anyone crazy enough to join them at Easton’s Beach for a swim in the frosty North Atlantic Ocean.
Thousands of brave souls embarked into the water off of Easton’s Beach today at noon.
All proceeds from the swim and at the after swim party at the Atlantic Beach Club benefit local charity, A Wish Come True.
Today is an extra special and nostalgic day, as will be ABC’s last “after the plunge” party and their final day in operation. Today’s party which started at 12pm includes live music of World Premiere Band, a free buffet and promises lots of fun.
Here are some publicly shared photos on Instagram and Twitter today.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Obituary: Joanne Donnelly Maher
- Obituary: Ralph E. Morgan
- Newport Mansions Wine & Food Festival returns September 17 – 19
- Governor McKee, RIDE, and RIDOH release updated PreK-12 Health and Safety Guidance for the 2021-2022 School Year
- Newport to require masks in city-owned buildings beginning August 2
- FirstWorks Live – Roger Williams Park free Summer Concert Series continues Sunday 8-1 with Voces de Los Andes
- Newport Folk 2021 – “Folk On” Part 2 Day 2 (Tuesday, July 27)
- Obituary: Rayfield Drowne Jr.
- Redwood Library & Athenaeum to house a portion of the Dr. Patrick T. Conley Library
- Governor, RIDOH, Newport City officials, community partners to host canvassing effort on Wednesday to encourage vaccination