Back on November 7th, 2015; What’sUpNewp reported that Willy’s Burger Bar and Rotisserie had been put on the market for $1.2 million.
What’sUpNewp has confirmed that a binding contract has been signed for the property, subject to meeting certain contingency conditions, the seller is soliciting back up offers.
The Newport Blast reported on January 14th that the property had been purchased by Thames Street Kitchen, they would later retract the story and stated that “until everyone’s signatures are on the dotted line, it’s not actually a deal.”
Willy’s previously operated the restaurant, located at 599 Thames Street, as Asterisk from 1995 – May, 2014. The transformation from Asterisk to Willy’s in 2014 included a new logo, new website, and the renaming and refit of its bar and restaurant.
The restaurant had previously been for sale while still operating as Asterisk, according to Loopnet.
This story will be updated as more information is received.
More from What’s Up Newp
- 23 Open Houses to check out in Newport County this weekend
- Obituary: Eileen Schultz English
- Obituary: Joseph R Casale
- Gerry Goldstein: Horse sense from a cowboy philosopher
- Opinion: Lucy’s Hearth needs the community’s support now more than ever
- National Grid making progress in restoration efforts
- Celtic Woman’s “Postcards From Ireland” arriving at Mohegan Sun Arena on March 18, 2022
- What’s Up This Weekend: Salve Fall Festival Weekend, Halloween Hilarity, Trunk or Treat, and more
- Opinion – Rep. Carson: High stakes of appropriate coastal management
- Edward King House to serve as a new drop-off site for Meals on Wheels