PowerShares Series Tennis, the circuit for champion tennis players over the age of 30, announced today its 2016 circuit will kick off on April 8 in Chicago. The 2016 circuit will feature 12 stops throughout the year concluding December 3 with the first-ever tennis event at the Barclays Center in New York.
The 2016 PowerShares Series will visit six new markets in 2016 and will partner alongside ATP and WTA events in Charleston, S.C., Newport, R.I., Winston-Salem, N.C., and New Haven, Conn.
The visit in Newport will happen during the 2016 Hall Of Fame Tennis Championships that will take place from July 11th – 19th at the International Tennis Hall Of Fame & Museum.
The champion tennis players who will play in Newport, RI will soon be announced.
Andre Agassi, John McEnroe, Jim Courier and James Blake comprise the field for the Chicago event, to be played at the UIC Pavilion. Agassi, Blake, Andy Roddick and Mardy Fish will compete in the Charleston tournament, to be played April 9 in conjunction with the WTA’s Volvo Cars Open.
Tickets for these two events are currently on sale at www.PowerSharesSeries.com. Ticket information and player fields for St. Louis, Mo., Memphis, Tenn., and Tulsa, Okla., will be announced on January 25.
The full 2016 PowerShares Series schedule is as follows:
- April 8 Chicago (UIC Pavillion)
- April 9 Charleston (Family Circle Tennis Center)
- April 14 St. Louis (Chaifetz Arena)
- April 22 Memphis (Landers Center)
- April 23 Tulsa (BOK Center)
- July 17 Newport, R.I. (International Tennis Hall of Fame)
- August 21 Winston-Salem, N.C. (Wake Forest University)
- August 25, 26 New Haven (Yale University)
- November 4 Portland, Oregon (Moda Center)
- December 1 Orlando (Amway Arena)
- December 3 New York (Barclays Center)
Additional cities will be announced in the near future.