(Photo via Morgan Macia/Macia Photography)
Newport could see snow and sleet for the first time this Winter on Monday, December 28th and/or Tuesday, December 29th.
The forecast from the National Weather Service as of Saturday night;
- Mostly sunny, with a high near 41. Breezy, with a north wind 13 to 22 mph.
- Snow and sleet likely before 5am, then rain, snow, and sleet likely. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 32. Northeast wind 15 to 17 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Rain and sleet, becoming all rain after 9am. High near 44. Breezy. Chance of precipitation is 100%.
- A chance of rain before 7pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 40. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
For An Updated Forecast, VISIT HERE
The Latest From WUN
- Tony® Award-Winning Musical “Million Dollar Quartet” coming to Boston’s Boch Center October 29th + 30th
- Gerry Goldstein: For Mercy’s sake, he stood guard through the night
- City of Newport: A portion of the Cliff Walk will be closed on Monday for maintenance
- Newport String Quartet to perform Dvorak, Montgomery, and Tate at St Columba’s
- ‘Normandie’ estate on Ocean Drive sells for $12.5 million