After 35 years, the owners of Tropical Gangsters retired and closed their Thames Street store forever on November 15th, 2015.
What’sUpNewp has learned that Rochelle’s of Newport will move from 433 Thames Street to fill some of the space left empty by Tropical Gangsters at 375 Thames Street in early 2016.
It is unknown who will fill the space Rochelle’s is moving from at this time, it was formally Diva for many years. Diva is now located at 400 Thames Street.
Rochelle’s Boutiques are women’s clothing boutiques specializing in beautiful one of a kind clothing, shoes, jewelry & handbags with a wide assortment of designers from California to Europe. Some brands include: Alex & Ani, Sky, DL1961 Premium Denim, Free People, Vintage Havana, Tees by Tina, M. Rena, Lavand, etc.
Rochelle’s Boutiques also operates stores in Westerly, RI and Mystic, CT.
The Latest From WUN
- Holidays at the Newport Mansions returns to The Breakers, Marble House, and The Elms starting November 20
- Oakland Forest in Portsmouth will be inducted into the national Old-Growth Forest Network
- Stop & Shop to hold a one-day career fair at all 27 Rhode Island locations
- RI Music Educators call on state, school districts to fund music & arts education
- Wilbury Theatre Group launches Pay-What-You-Can ticket structure for all performances