Midtown Oyster Bar is looking to offer more outdoor seating with the addition of a third deck.
Midtown is seeking permission from the Newport Zoning Board to add a 1,021 square foot rear addition with a second floor deck.
The addition would be on the west side of the building, facing Christie’s.
The application will appear (among others) in front of the Newport Zoning Board on Monday, January 4th at 7pm.
Midtown Oyster Bar currently has a second floor deck on the north side of the building and a third floor deck on the south west side of the building.
Back in June, Newport City Council approved an application for Newport City Council to expand its class BV alcoholic beverage license to include a new 680 square foot first floor patio area in the rear of their building.
Midtown joined the Newport restaurant scene in June 2013 and currently offers one of the areas largest working raw bar, two bars, and two outdoor decks in its three story building.
Featured photo via leejenkins3 on TripAdvisor
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Reps. Edwards, Cortvriend, Carson, Phillips attend national redistricting conference
- Newport Music Festival announces Fall Chamber Series, Community Concerts
- Legislation signed into law that requires litter prevention and recycling awareness be taught in schools
- Team Racing friends and rivals to reunite in Newport for New York Yacht Club’s trio of team race regattas
- Obituary: Frances H. Sanita
- U.S. SailGP Team hosts inaugural Foiling First: Learn to Foil Camp with Bristol Yacht Club & East Bay Sailing Foundation
- Obituary: Thomas Risso
- Now Hiring: 129 job opportunities available in and around Newport right now
- What’s Up This Weekend (July 30 – August 1): Things to do, live music, and more
- The Boys & Girls Clubs of Newport County: Newport Yacht Rendezvous returns on August 13