Looking to do some last minute shopping or for a place to grab a bite? Here’s what’s up!
Merry Christmas Eve!
THINGS TO KNOW
- Midtown Oyster Bar is offering free gift wrapping from 11am until 5pm today. Grab a drink or lunch and have all those gifts wrapped.
- Newport Skating Center is closed today due to conditions from last nights rain.
- The post office in downtown Newport closes at 2pm today.
- ZanRicky will be singing all of your favorite tunes tonight at Hotel Viking from 6pm to 9pm!
- Get to Clarke Cooke House early tonight for Christmas Carols by the fire with Ron Lowenstein!
- *All stores are most likely open, this is to give you an idea of closing times
- Style Newport – 10am – 4pm
- Shore Soap Company – Open until 2pm
- Newport Sweet Shoppe – Open until 2pm
- Jane Pickens Theatre- Box Office open for gifts from 10am – 3pm today.
- Soap & Water Newport – Open until 4pm today.
- The Bodhi Spa – Closed on Christmas Eve
Did we miss someone? E-mail Ryan@whatsupnewp.com
- 22 Bowen’s Wine Bar & Grille – 5-8 pm.
- A-1 Pizza – Open until 5pm.
- Atlantic Beach Club – 11am-10pm.
- Black Pearl – 11:30am-3pm.
- Bouchard’s – 5-9 pm.
- Brick Alley Pub – 11:30am-3:30pm.
- Caleb & Broad – Open 12pm – 2pm for gift certificates.
- Clarke Cooke House – Open at 5pm
- Griswold’s Tavern – 11am-6pm.
- Jo’s Bistro – Closed
- La Forge Casino – 11:30am-3pm.
- Mama Leone’s – 11am-11pm.
- Midtown Oyster Bar – 11am – 1am
- Mooring – 12-8 pm.
- Nikolas Pizza – 10am-7pm.
- O’Brien’s Pub – 11:30am-1am.
- Perro Salado – Closed
- The Pier – 4-10 pm.
- Tallulah on Thames – Open at 5:30 pm
- The Wharf Pub 11:30am-3pm
- White Horse Tavern – 11:30am-9pm
Recommended Read: Restaurants and Bars Open on Christmas Day in Newport
CHRISTMAS EVE SERVICES ISLAND CHURCHES
- OceanPointe Christmas Service at Newport Marriott – 7:00pm at Marriott-Newport.
- Children’s Christmas pagent with Holy Eucharist, 4 p.m. St, Mary’s Episcopal Church, 324 East Main Rd. Portsmouth. 846-97000. www.smcportsmouth.org
- Family Serice with Pagent and Carols, St. Columba’s Chapel, 5:00, 55 Vaucluse Ave. Middletown. A traditional Christmas Eve Family Service. 847-5571.
- Christmas Eve Services with Holy Eucharist, 6 p.m. and 9 p.m. St, Mary’s Episcopal Church, 324 East Main Rd. Portsmouth. 846-97000. www.smcportsmouth.org
- Candlelit Christmas Eve Services, 5 and 10 p.m. Church of St. John the Evangelist, 61 Washington St. at Willow St. 848-2561. www.saintjohns-newport.org
- “Quiet Christmas” St. Columba’s Chapel , 7:30, 55 Vaucluse Ave. Middletown. A Meditative Service with acoustic guitar and keyboard accompanying carols. 847-5571.
- Choral Eucharist with Choir, St. Columba’s Chapel, 10:00, 55 Vaucluse Ave. Middletown. A Traditional Christmas Eve Service. 847-5571.