Newport’s local seafood hotspot, Scales and Shells, has expanded by opening 1/2 Shell, a traditional raw bar designed for the oyster obsessed. The location is colorful yet simple, with a beautiful baby blue bar ready to sling artisan cocktails.
1/2 Shell keeps their oyster selection minimal with a “quality over quantity” attitude, offering the shell of the day or what flavor is seasonally trending by local farmers.
$1 Oyster Night
Joun What’sUpNewp for Oyster Night at 1/2 Shell on Wednesday, December 9th.
Enjoy $1 oysters from 5pm – 9pm at 1/2 shell, cash bar and/or order anything off of the traditional Scales & Shells menu while enjoying and experiencing a beautiful new space on Lower Thames Street in Newport.
1/2 Shell at Scales & Shells is located at 527 Thames Street.
All photos by Marial Maher/Visual Manor
The Latest From WUN
- New behavioral health pharmacy in EBCAP to serve those with mental health and addiction issues
- Newport Art Museum to present “Newport: The City as a Work of Art” lecture series with John R. Tschirch
- Six Picks: The best in live music this weekend – Sarah Potenza, Elvis Costello and more
- Obituary: Julian C. Clinton
- “Six Picks” Pumpkin Ale – It’s the time of the season