Atlantic Beach Club, an Aquidneck Island institution since the late 1920’s, will see an end to its long and storied journey come January 1st, 2016.
After almost 90 years of being in operation, it was announced on February 19th that LONGWOOD would be purchasing the Atlantic Beach Club and opening it as a new waterfront wedding venue, the Newport Beach House, in 2016.
This is Longwood’s second venue in Newport, following the success of Belle Mer, which opened in 2006 and was named one of best venues in America for 2015.
While design work is already underway, the renovation and conversion of the iconic property will begin in early 2016. LONGWOOD will take over operations of the property in January, 2016.
New Year’s Eve & New Year’s Day
On New Year’s Eve, the Dining room will be serving up regular menu from 4pm – 10pm. Lounge will serve up two seatings (6pm & 8:30pm), followed by live music from Mac Chrucala Band.
The Atlantic Beach Club will host their annual New Year’s Day Party following the Polar Bear Plunge. This event usually includes live music and promises to be a lot of fun.
Remaining Hours, Specials, & Live Music
- Early Bird Special: Monday, Tuesday & Thursday, 3:00pm – 6:00pm
- Brunch: Sundays, 10:30am – 2:00pm
- Lunch: 11:00am – 4:00pm
- Dinner: Available all day until 9:00pm and on weekends until 10:00pm
- Live Music:
- Saturday: Live music with Los Gatos from 8pm – 12am. No cover.
- Sunday: Live music with Mac Chrupcala Jazz Quartet from 3pm to 6pm. No cover.
- Sunday Brunch Buffet from 10:30am to 2pm: $15.95
- Monday – Thursday from 3pm to 6pm: Early Bird Menu featuring a soup and entree for $11.95.
- Gift Certificates & Gift Cards
- If you have gift certificates or gift cards, they will be honored at Atlantic Beach Club through January 1st. After that date your gift cards will be accepted and honored at their sister restaurant, Tickets Bar and Grille.
Looking Towards The Future
Much of the staff and management will be heading to the The Atlantic Resort/Newport. Construction on “Newport’s Newest Hotel & Event Center”, located at 240 Aquidneck Avenue in Middletown, is well underway and moving along nicely and expects to open in June 2016.
The Atlantic Resort/ Newport will consist of 141 hotel rooms, 2 large & 1 small banquet room, a restaurant & lounge, indoor swimming pool, outdoor terrace, and amazing views of the Atlantic ocean and Easton’s Pond.
The Latest From WUN
- “Six Picks” Pumpkin Ale – It’s the time of the season
- Holidays at the Newport Mansions returns to The Breakers, Marble House, and The Elms starting November 20
- Oakland Forest in Portsmouth will be inducted into the national Old-Growth Forest Network
- Stop & Shop to hold a one-day career fair at all 27 Rhode Island locations
- RI Music Educators call on state, school districts to fund music & arts education