Mahatma will offer its own brand of Vinyasa flow based classes. Heated, Slow Flow, non-heated, and hybrid classes of exploratory movement will be on the regular schedule.
Shannon Walker, the founder of Mahatma Yoga Studio, has been practicing yoga for over a decade and teaching for five years. She offers a strong, steady practice through the guidance of her teachers Raghunath Cappo and Theresa Murphy. See the full schedule and mission at
Tenth Gate Yoga will continue to specialize in Kundalini, Yin, Restorative and Hatha Yoga as well as meditation in their beautiful loft studio. Reinette Fournier and Thomas Speare, founders of Tenth Gate, opened the studio in 2008.
Both studios are having an Open House, post-plunge, on January 1 from 1-4. All afternoon, there will be delicious food by local chef Jess Patricio, live music, mind/body raffle prizes, and tarot card readings. Free classes are offered all weekend at Mahatma and Friday & Saturday at Tenth Gate.
More From What’s Up Newp
- What Sold: 29 Newport County real estate sales, transactions (May 3 - 10)
- Obituary: Timothy Howard Jackson
- HGTV Dream Home in Portsmouth hits the market, can now be yours for $2.39 million
- List: States with travel restrictions upon entry to Rhode Island
- Now Hiring: 130+ businesses hiring right now in the Newport area