Mahatma will offer its own brand of Vinyasa flow based classes. Heated, Slow Flow, non-heated, and hybrid classes of exploratory movement will be on the regular schedule.
Shannon Walker, the founder of Mahatma Yoga Studio, has been practicing yoga for over a decade and teaching for five years. She offers a strong, steady practice through the guidance of her teachers Raghunath Cappo and Theresa Murphy. See the full schedule and mission at
Tenth Gate Yoga will continue to specialize in Kundalini, Yin, Restorative and Hatha Yoga as well as meditation in their beautiful loft studio. Reinette Fournier and Thomas Speare, founders of Tenth Gate, opened the studio in 2008.
Both studios are having an Open House, post-plunge, on January 1 from 1-4. All afternoon, there will be delicious food by local chef Jess Patricio, live music, mind/body raffle prizes, and tarot card readings. Free classes are offered all weekend at Mahatma and Friday & Saturday at Tenth Gate.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Newport Art Museum to host Newport String Project Season Opening Concert
- This day in Newport History: September 19, 1902 – Jimmy Van Alen born in Newport
- Concert Recap and Photos: Felix Cavaliere’s Rascals at the Greenwich Odeum (September 18, 2021)
- FirstWorks Live series at Roger Williams Park continues with Thea Hopkins Sunday, September 19th
- Live Music Society announces Cat Henry as Executive Director
- Rep. Ruggiero to lead CRMC study commission
- Norman Bird Sanctuary welcomes fall with harvest season of events
- Clear the Shelters: Potter League to host pet adoption drive on Saturday
- RI Foundation honors Wickford lawyer with highest honor
- Newport Art Museum to host Newport Day of Design Walking Tour