Island Moving Co., Newport’s contemporary ballet company, restages its popular ballet for the very young, Mother Goose, at four matinees on February 26, 27 & 28th at Rosecliff.
Rosecliff is at 548 Bellevue Avenue in Newport, RI. Tickets are $25 for adults and $15 for children and are available at www.newportmansions.org.
Perfect for the younger set, Island Moving Co.’s Mother Goose at Rosecliff is a lively retelling of the familiar nursery rhymes using movement and live music. Audience members will be led by a minstrel and the effervescent Mother Goose herself through the spectacular rooms of Rosecliff for an interactive and entertaining performance event for children as young as three.
IMC dancers will perform Humpty Dumpty, Jack and Jill, Little Miss Muffett and more. The Company is joined by a minstrel accompanist with Newport actress and educator Lisa Reimer directing the action and reciting the familiar rhymes as Mother Goose.
Would you like the chance to dance with The Old Woman from France? That and more could happen to you at Mother Goose at Rosecliff.
Performances are at 4pm on February 26; 3pm on February 26th; and 1pm & 3pm on February 28th. Tickets are $25 for adults and $15 for children and are available on the Island Moving Co. site as well as at www.newportmansions.org.
Photo by Thomas Palmer – Island Moving Co presents Mother Goose Rosecliff on the Company’s Opening Weekend, February 26, 27 & 28, 2016.
More From What’s Up Newp
- Aquidneck Land Trust awards 13 grants to local community, neighborhood groups through Merritt Neighborhood Fund
- Newport Polo’s 20th annual charity gala will benefit Jeffrey Osborne Foundation
- Preservation Society of Newport County receives prestigious award from Garden Club of America
- What’s Up This Weekend in Newport County: May 14 – 16
- Beavertail Lighthouse, Watch Hill Lighthouse are being given away for free